Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Prompts


Release the ink from my veins, my dear.

Let it course freely down the length of blank pages and stain the purity of empty white space.

Except that Caleb isn't quite “my dear”. He is, however, slashing my proverbial wrists and bleeding out a blog post every two weeks. I plan on doing the same for him. We’ll be doing so by choosing one of thirty prompts and hurling them at the general face area of each other. The resulting posts will be no less than 400 words and will likely be titled by the prompt itself.

The Lonely Old Man will not be affected by this project. In fact, part four will be arriving within a week or so. Part five is already written and will follow shortly.

Apparently more people read this blog than I realized, so...all...you...keep an eye out for the prompted posts.    

6 comments:

  1. FINALLY! I can't wait to read part 4 and 5.
    I wish I had the talent to paint with a quil the black ink that create words, to hear the sound of the scratching pen as stories unfold benieth it's mettle tip. - that's about all I got. :P Haven't seen you ages! Glad you're still alive Jesse!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarah! Thanks for reading! I am still alive and hopefully unfolding more of those stories under scratching pens. :-)

      Delete
  2. I read every post you and Caleb write!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Owen - I'm flattered! (And I'm sure Caleb is too)

      Delete
  3. And I am so glad, so glad, that you're still writing words Jesse. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I am so glad that you're still reading them Grace. Thank you.

      Delete