Friday, September 27, 2013

The Solution


Effective Writing: The Solution Is Not What You Think

...is the name of the last full blog post I wrote. It's actually a link. Go ahead – click on it. It was inspired by and written for the internet marketing company for whom I currently work, describing the process by which I believe you (the stunning blog contributor) can attract readers. If you happen to be a local business wishing to sell a product or service, my post might actually apply to you. 

There. Proof that I do write. Meanwhile, The Lonely Old Man is waiting patiently in the back of my head. Unfortunately, he's resting there in the company of my other story ideas, and that one crime thriller is starting to creep him out. Especially the bit describing the homicide detective's shocking discovery in the lake. Seriously though  our favorite crazy old man is shouting his fondest memories into the inky black of my weary mind and cannot wait to spit them onto paper.

The solution? Meeting with Caleb, of course. Accountability is a powerful tool for every writer, and I'm beginning to realize that again. For example, I am writing this very post from the Fannit offices in Everett. And here I will remain until morning light, writing until my fingers wear to bone. 

It's not as drastic as I make it sound. The Lonely Old Man is on my to-do list, as well as topical free verse poetry and maybe even a sonnet. 

Bring me tea and my sword; we'll fight in the shade. 

1 comment:

  1. Look who's still alive! Glad to hear the lonely old man is still forthcoming :)

    ReplyDelete